READ THIS, PRINT THIS OUT, HANG IT ON YOUR FRIDGE.... THERE IS NEW STUFF IN
HERE. WE KNOW WHEN YOU DELETE, BECAUSE YOU DON'T SHOW UP AT THE GIGS!!!!!
"This is a public service announcement - with guitar!'' Joe Strummer

Hi there everyone, these are the Blatant Plug from Memphis, Tennessee.

Before I go into upcoming gigs, I first want to let you concerned caring souls
know that fellow Memphis Musician Pete Pederson, who had a massive heart
attack 2 weeks ago, NEEDS BLOOD. Pete has contributed so much to Memphis with
his harmonica and songwriting, arranging etc..... IF YOU CAN HELP HIM NOW GO
TO THE BLOOD BANK AND GIVE A DONATION IN HIS NAME... Thanks

Ok, here goes the BLATANT PLUGS!!!

You must be pretty darn musically hip to be on this list, or a friend of
someone who is to put you on the list. If you do not wish to receive further
notices, please just let me know. If you want to add a friend to the list, let
me know ... thanks!

MARCH 25 at the BLACK DIAMOND KEITH SYKES SONGWRITER SHOWCASE
Featuring Richard Leigh, Pat Alger, Tommy Burroughs, and a bunch of songs
about a girl named Emily. $10 cover. Show starts around 8 or 8:30.

Parker Anderson and Philip Jaynes are playing at Kudzu's from 8 to 10 on
Thursday the 25th. Call first, they may cancel this gig to go to Keith's
gig... but if they do, be sure to check them out sometime soon.

MARCH 26 at THE SOUTH END
THE NANCY APPLE/JAY HARRINGTON BAND HELP US COME UP WITH A DECNT
NAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! JOE McLEARY IS BACK WITH US ON DRUMS!!!!! COME ON OUT!
(Jay feels funny using Cadillac Cowgirl, can't imaging why..... ) Showtime —
10:00 — opening act — not sure yet — Come one out, that band will all be
there. All Nancy and Jay's originals, plus those great covers that you love,
from Lucinda to Hank Williams. And even some George Jones!!!! PLEASE COME
OUT... WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT, and $3 cover. Hey, if you don't have the dough,
come on anyway to the back door and we will let you in.

The Bouffants' play at Elvis Presley's on Friday, March 26

MARCH 27 at THE MAP ROOM (SAD FACE  please) ROY BREWER’S NEW ROCKABILLY BAND
GIG HAS BEEN CANCELLED

MARCH 27 at DAVIS KIDD
NANCY and JAY and (Insert happy face here!!!) ROY (since the above gig was
cancelled) Who knows who else might show!!!  rock up the cafe (half de-calf,
half full tilt boogie!)
Early gig 7-9:30 come on out YA'LL....

at Huey's Downtown (of course the crowds are always better in midtown)
Talkin' about DIANE PRICE and her Boyfriends
Yes, though Hueys has thrown out their Sunday Jazz Policy after nearly 20
years, you can still hear a couple of members of the Midtown Jazzmobile
backing up the Empress of Memphis Barrelhouse Piano at Hueys Downtown on the
following Sunday afternoons from 4 - 7 : March 28th, April  11th April 25th
You can expect to hear plenty of sultry blusey numbers from her new cd
release, A Good Man is Hard to Find which of course will be shamelessly hawked
from the tiny bandstand in the window

APRIL 7 is the NEXT SONGWRITER NIGHT at the SOUTH END. Booked so far, besides
Nancy of course, is BRUCE BILES aka KIDD BLUE!

I understand Mose Allison will be making the scene at Hi-Tone April 8.

Ok, that's it. Hope to see you at a gig soon. If you are a band that wants to
be mentioned in future notices, e-mail me baby!

Love,
Nancy

THIS IS A PUBLIC SERVICE FOR THE MEMPHIS MUSICIANS TRYING TO MAKE A LIVING,
PLEASE PAY THE COVER WITHOUT TOO MUCH BITCHING!
Thanks
(and guest list weezles, we don't mind letting you in for free, but please
refrain from talking throughout the entire show!)