Hi there,

In light of recent Dave Alvin posts with Chris Gaffney mentions, I thought
some of you might be interested in the following information:

If any of you SoCal types are brave enough to venture behind the Orange
Curtain, try to make it out to The Swallows Inn in San Juan Capistrano this
weekend, March 26 - 28, to catch Chris Gaffney and his backing band, The
Cold Hard Facts.  The Swallows Inn is one of the last great little honky
tonks in Southern California and a regular stomping grounds for Chris and
the band.  For this reason, it has been chosen as the site for a series of
live recordings that will be included on the re-issue of Gaffney's 1986
"Road to Indio" debut album.

Although Chris will also perform on Friday evening, the live recordings
will take place on March 27 and 28, this Saturday from 8:30 pm - 12:30
a.m., and Sunday, from 4:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.  The Swallows Inn is located
at 31786 Camino Capistrano, off the 5 freeway, exit west on Ortega; (949)
493-3188.  Admission is free, but be sure to arrive early as this place
fills up quickly when Chris is in the house.

The first-time-on-cd-reissue of "Road to Indio" is slated for a June
release on Foothill Recordings.

Back to my lurking (and living vicariously through all the SXSW reports),

Jeanne