I just gotta say thanks to all the P2ers who came out to Liberty Lunch for
our Showcase.  You guys rule and I am glad people enjoyed themselves.
For my part I am awfully grateful that you all took the time to check us
out . . . and at the risk of being uncool, etc. I gotta say that any
benefits that come from my SXSW (and there already have been a few)
experience are in a large part due to this list and a whole shitload of
cool and generous music fans here.  Musicians who think they can do
anything in this biz alone might as well shove their instruments up their
asses. And twist them.  uh anyways . . .

I'll say it again, you people rule!!

Thanks.

My personal highlights were

1.) the Billy Joe Shaver & Son show.  I was a Shaver virgin and was not
expecting the amazing Charisma and lyrical power that he posessed.  Every
word shook the earth as far as I could tell.  That guy is a true poet and
his band was so amazing they withstood a 10 minute drum solo!!  By far my
favorite set of music.

no more numbers needed:

-.) shouting 'fuck you alex' from the Liberty Lunch stage.

-.) seeing Tom House enchant a Hole in the Wall crowd despite the worst
sound man I have ever seen or heard.  He sang through a prison wall and
made people listen.

-.) Calexico and Calexico with Richard Buckner . . . the coolest
indie-grooves I have heard in a long time.  I love that band . .. and
hearing Richard sing Tom Petty's 'The Waiting' with them was a joy . . .

"Yeah I chased a couple women around
a-all it ever got me was down . . ."

-.) seeing all of my friends from around the country P2ers and the like.

-.) seeing Gurf Morlix play a set of his own music with the Bass player
playing Slide on the opening tune with a Bud bottle!

-.) Smilin' Jim's chili!!

-.) feeling the rain land on my forehead as I hit the last note at
Cherylin's P2 BBQ (we were the last band!!) . . . it was nice of mother
nature to defer until the last of 8 bands played their sets.  that's a
good sign.  I think it was because of the Springsteen requirement!!

I am sure there was more.  But Shaver rules . . . let it be known.

-jim