Paul Kirsch writes:

>PS  I've discovered after listening to interviews with people on NPR
>yesterday that, if you are an elected official, you can say anything
>controversial you want publicly- provided you end your statements
>with the following:
>
>"...although I fully support our troops in Yugoslavia."

     Let's see...

PARTIAL TRANSCRIPT OF INTERVIEW WITH REP. FARNSWORTH
MARCH 30, 1999
INTERVIEWER:  TERRY GROSS (FRESH AIR/NPR)

[...]
Rep. F.:  Why, yes, Terry.  Since you mention it, yes, I did travel to
Cuba three months ago and meet with President Castro.  During our meeting
he agreed that his government would join with my staff in funneling
leftover funds from my '96 campaign into abortion clinics here in the
U.S.  In exchange I provided President Castro - or 'El Jefe' as I like to
call him - and his senior military staff with detailed information
regarding the vulnerabilities of our cruise missiles and stealth aircraft
technology.  And since you asked, yes, while I was in Havana I employed
the services of several teenaged prostitutes of both sexes.  Thank you
for giving me an opportunity to come clean.
     Let me add, though, that I fully support our troops in Yugoslavia,
and if I wasn't a card-carrying atheist, I'd be praying for their safe
return.

                                --Jon Johnson
                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                   Wollaston, Massachusetts