I don't think we've been letting P2 know much about our concert series
called the District of Country Barn Dance and Show.  Sorry!

We put out a CD a few months ago called "Greeting from the District of
Country," which featured a lot of DC acts.  We figured the next step was
to put on shome shows.  Since the Twist and Shout closed, things have been
getting tight arond here, and sombody's got to start opening it up,

Currently the only (occasionally) twangy venues in the DC area have been
the Birchmere and IOTA.  They're both great venues in their own way, but
we (Honky Tonk Confidential) don't think they're enough.  So we started
our own shows.  Maybe we'll fail, maybe we'll get rich, most likely we'll
just put on a series of shows for a few months until we can't afford to
lose any more money...

In March, we hosted The Oklahoma Twisters.  These guys are DC locals, but
are the most authentic Western Swing band I've had the pleasure to have
heard, with the exception of Asleep at the Wheel.  The DC swing dance
folks sure know them.

Also on the bill was Classic Country.  In that band are Buddy Charleton,
who spent years with Ernest Tubb, and Speedy Price who is one of my
personal guitar demigods.  Jack Greene used to work for him!

Coming up on April 9th, we have rockabilly singer-songwriter Brian McGuire
and his band '52 Pickup and also Angry Johnny and the Killbillies.  In May
we'll have the Ghost Rockets, and Elena Skye and the Demolition String
Band.

So if you're going to be in the DC area (when your company sends you in to
negotioate some contracts with Leviathan) come and check us out!

http://www.muddypaws.com
202-544-7011