BTW, along with the indefatigable Bill Silvers, I was lucky enough to
catch a fabulous set by Dale last night in Columbia MO.

Dale was his usual charismatic self and the band was in particularly good
form, with steel player Ricky responding to enthusiastic hollering with
some greater-than usual chicken-pickin' licks, and bass player Billy in
rare form because his sister came over from St Louis with an entourage to
catch the show.  Billy sang a couple of Bob Wills tunes and got in some
extra bass licks that had Dale and Ricky grinning and shooting him
"whoa!!" looks of surprise.

Also learned that drummer Scott was with the Dixie Chicks before going
with Dale last August.  Hmmmmmmm.

Overall, in any case, the band was hot hot hot and really tore it up for a
modest crowd, more than making up for a less-than-inspiring set by openers
The Blacks.

P2ers will be interested to note that Dale was already talking up his
Twangfest appearance from the stage!!  He thanked a local Americana
station (KKCA FM in Fulton, MO) and told the crowd he'd be back in June
for "that Twangfest thing, at the Off Broadway in St Louis."

Bill Silvers and friend and I ended up in an all-night diner listening to
Buddy Holly on the jukebox and debating with the waitress whether the
lineoeum pattern on our tabletop would have been more flattering on Nancy
Sinatra or Ann-Margret.  The waitress was all for Nancy, but I know she
was *wrong* <g>.....

All in all, as Bill said, it was like a little whiff of SXSW.  Just enough
recovery time to go back at it.

Can't wait to see Dale at Twangfest, need I say.

Good luck & good truckin' tonight,
--junior