At 11:15 AM 3/27/1999 Jamie Swedberg wrote:

>Jeff Wall wrote:
>
>>I'm glad their live show was good, or at least that y'all enjoyed it.
>>Personally, I wouldn't have even bothered. I thought their latest disc,
>>Wacoworld, totally sucked ass.
>
>Well, I wouldn't maybe put it *that* way, but I've never been much for
>sitting around listening to Waco Bros. albums, because everything that is
>most amazing about them happens when they're live. A top-notch bar band like
>that just doesn't translate to recording media, imo.
>
>Nobody can charge up a room like the Waco Bros. They have the kickingest
>rhythm section, and all that drunken fervor. Yow.

Jamie's right in spirit of course, but COWBOY IN FLAMES and DO YOU THINK
ABOUT ME? still get played around here. I wouldn't say the Wacos are as
generally bar-limited as say, I dunno, Dash Rip Rock, or hate to say it,
the Skeletons. Of course, I try (and you do have to try- they're not all
the time fare) to find a time and place to play my Fleshtones, Beat Farmers
and Wacos records, all bands which are (or were) certainly better live, yet
plenty worthwhile for home entertainment purposes. YMMV.

b.s.

n.p. still Shapiro, now doing a T-Bone Burnett hour...he's tearing up
"Drivin' Wheel".
"The truth ain't always what we need, sometimes we need to hear a beautiful
lie." -Bill Lloyd