Bad gig: As I was finishing up a song at an outdoor show, I grabbed my can of
soda toget a drink, and a bee had stationed himself in there.  SO as I
proceeded to pour the liquid down my throat, the bee proceeded to sting my
lower lip.  It swelled 5x its size, my lower lip was the size of a golf ball
for a day (luckily, it was the last song).

Good gig: Not actually a gig, but a jam session for the posterity books.  An
old girlfriend called me late one Sunday night and asked if I could drive out
to see her. I was not keen on the idea (50 miles away, lived with her parents,
who were BTW cooler than her), but she begged and pleaded and convinced me.
Well, I get there, and as I go into the basement, there is a whole band set
up, and who is playing lead guitar but blues great Albert Collins (friend of
her parents).  She said that she wanted to suprise me, so I sat in on bass
until the wee hours of the morning.

Mitch Matthews
Gravel Train/Sunken Road (SR is looking for a new female singer, spread the
word)