Hi all,

Sorry if any of this has been posted, have been off P2 for a few days.

Saw Del/Steve et al while in Chicago.  They played at The Vic, which is a big
old theater with all the seats pulled out.  Nice idea except when most of the
folks are drunk and smoking like chimneys. The single mic got lost beyond the
first 15 "rows" of folks in a very chatty room.  Of course, they were still
very good.

Best part of the show ==> Mike Bub whacking the back of his bass for the intro
to "Copperhead Road," really nice touch!

Funniest part of the show ==> Hats-$27; T-Shirts-$25 (no, I didn't buy a
single thing)

HOWEVER....got to see an in-store at Borders (accompanied by my unemployed-
partner in crime, Bob) and would have easily paid $50 for what we witnessed.
Pure heaven, and all within 5ft of Steve/Del and the boyz.  Sound was great,
Del is a joy to watch and hear any day of the week.  Steve looked very dapper
in his gray button-down wool vest and plaid cap.  Looks like the McCoury's are
affecting Steve's grooming habits ;-))

Jason, Ronnie and Robbie were all superb.  And of course, everyone was
smiling, including grouchy-boy Earle.  It's contagious!!  I'm hoping to get
some pix up on the Unofficial Earle site by week's end.

Kate
NP - Stephen Bruton/Nothing But The Truth