http://www.mp3.com/news/205.html

Mojo Nixon Sounds Off!

By Mojo Nixon

March 20, 1999

[Editor's Note: Mojo "Bring Me The Head Of David Geffen" Nixon stops by this week to
let off some steam the only way he knows how (parental guidance suggested). For those
of you not familiar with Mr. Nixon--first off, shame on you--he is a national
treasure; one of rock's most profane and insane. As Rolling Stone wrote, "It's Nixon's
crusading commitment to raw, stripped down rock'n'roll and his anger at all things
that defile and dilute it that make such a bracing tonic in these bland and kingless
times."

Mojo and his new label Shanachie were kind enough to let us be the first to post "I
Don't Want No Cybersex"
(http://www.mp3.com/artists/14/mojo_nixon__the_toadliquors.html) from his outstanding
new album, "The Real Sock Ray Blue" (due in stores March 23). If your MP3 collection
don't have Mojo Nixon, then your MP3 collection needs some fixin'!]

Mojo says:

"A bunch of lyin,' cheatin' Record Company creatins are gonna start spewing a giant
line of bullshit about how artists must be protected from MP3.com--about how the
Internet is gonna ruin their criminal Spice/Hootie cash grab--about how there must be
regulations and the Rio must be outlawed and that there must be "industry" consensus
on how to keep ass-fucking the artists and keep those uppity cash cow kids in their
place.

People, don't believe The Big Lie from big brother NARAS, major record labels, the
RIAA, etc.! The real question is not who the artist is going to get screwed by and how
the artist is going to get screwed. It's is he/she gonna control their own their own
exploitation or is some coke-snorting, L.A. shyster surrounded by scum lawyers gonna
suck the talent dry from our best and brightest rock and rollers?

I don't care what you make illegal--the future cannot be stopped. Not only is MP3 just
the tip of the iceberg, but Internet radio, Rios, and even PC car radios are coming
faster than Madonna. This ain't about piracy or bootlegs or artistic integrity. This
is about monopolies, capitalism, and the man keeping us down. Fuck the man! Let
freedom ring! Let 1,000 flowers bloom!

I'm putting my song, "I Don't Want No Cybersex" on MP3.com for free to spread the word
of the insanity that is me. Hell, you can still buy my CD if you want to or resurrect
my former Web site Mojo World and become a Mojoholic or Mojonite. Alas, the guy who
used to run it is currently residing in a state institution for the criminally insane.

Anyway, you get the picture. Download my song, fight the power, cry havoc, and let rip
the dogs of war as we proud, few nut jobs, begin to visualize armed insurrection."