On Tue, 30 Mar 1999 18:28:44 -0500 Barry Mazor
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> A chunk of my time at SXSW this year was spent on the blues side--and in
> that regard I enjoyed having the chance to see Clarence Gatemouth Brown,
> WC Clark, Lou Ann Barton,  Alvin Youngblood Hart,and even  Guy Forsyth (a
> little blues, some ego--and  pretty good SAW within a couple of days.  I
> was sorry I did not get to see the new documentary shown at the film
> fetsival about RL Burnside and Possum Records now, but hope it will pop up
> on TV or elsewhere.

Barry -- Were any of the Fat Possum artists there, like
T-Model Ford, and new addition James "Super Chikan"
Johnson? T-Model's new one is an even darker, more
difficult listen than the last one, but I like it anyway.
Hell, I like most of the stuff coming out on that label
anyway.

Johnson is the nephew of Big Jack Johnson (who played here
recently, but I missed it) and I saw him down in Clarksdale
last year at a little jook joint. Super nice guy and a
great showman. It was his birthday so we ate cake and drank
bourbon.

Now I'm fired up for the Corey Harris CD release show here
this Friday. They've been playing cuts off his new album
all week on the radio and it sounds like a winner. C'ville
ain't so bad sometimes.

William Cocke
Senior Writer
HSC Development