On Tue, 30 Mar 1999, William T. Cocke wrote:

> Now I'm fired up for the Corey Harris CD release show here
> this Friday. They've been playing cuts off his new album
> all week on the radio and it sounds like a winner.

It sure is.  He really branches out on this one, but still remain deeply
rooted in the delta blues.  Some songs incorporate reggae and mambo
rhythms, bits of jazz and funk and gospel, and there's also some primal,
hardcore delta stuff like "Sweet Black Angel."  If you're lucky he'll be
playin' with his band.  I saw 'em in New Orleans last month, and I was
entranced.--don