I know Mary Lou Lord rubs some folks the wrong way, but I find her
wide-eyed fandom of different kinds of music to be pretty darn endearing.
She just finished singin' her Peter B. rewrite of "His Indie World" ("His
ND World") live on KCMU, and I was just beamin' when she managed to work
in references to Ernest Tubb and Bob Wills during the last verse.  I mean,
how many other indie princesses give a goddamn about ol' ET?  Naturally,
morning-guy John forgot to tape the damn thing -- it woulda made a cool
intro to Swingin' Doors tonight.  Oh well...--don