>I am always amused when we get onto these Garth threads.  It doesnt take
>but a few posts before someone is loudly condemning his venality and how
>it's ruining good music and so on.  And this is simply not true.

Of course.  And I hope you don't think *I* was the one saying that he was
ruining good music.  Look back at my posts.  I don't even allude to that.
Why?  Because I don't believe it.  I don't even think all the stuff the guy
does is bad.  I'm just talking about his actions and what meaning I think
can be drawn from those actions.  And as I said before, it is my opinion,
and I could be wrong.  There's nobody except Garth himself who can know what
he's thinking...okay maybe a record company exec or his wife knows the down
and dirty.

So anyhoo.  That's it.  I'm tired.  I think it is time for me to drop off to
lurk on digest.  I just don't seem to be having the good times I used to
have here.  I'm sure that is my fault mainly because my main problem with
this list is that most of the time seems to be spent on talking about hot
country or fluff.  Both of which I contribute to.  I've become my own worse
enemy.

Plus, 1999 is gearing up.  The holiday is over and I have one badass Terry
Allen record to let the world hear.

See ya.
Steve