Many clubs, and especially festivals I play at want my SS # since I am the
ring leader. I fill out all the paper work they can dish out, and pay my band
with checks from my music account which is separate from my personal checking
account. I sometimes even pay myself with a check (that I later may deposit it
personal account etc.).

I have never had any problems, and I have done this for years. I file 1099's
on my guys and they all pay taxes bla bla bla or atleast I think they do.

I have had trouble with Uncle Sam before, but it was over sales tax, which can
be a real bitch if you don't have a lawyer or accountant to fall back on. So I
hired a lawyer who is also an accountant. I learned that trick from Jerry Lee
down here in E Town. Thankyouverrrymuch.

Did I mention the buisness end of the music biz sucks?
Nancy