This Thursday, Jan. 21, starting at  9 P.M. we've got our most ambitious  Honky Tonk Living Room to date: Heather McAdams' Li'l Country Calendar 1999 Brought To Life by the best Chicago has to offer: Robbie Fulks, Kelly Hogan, Jon Langford, Moonshine Willy, the Texas Rubies, Brett Sparks of the Handsome Family, Anna Fermin, Steve Dawson & Diane Christiansen of Dolly Varden, Anastasia Davies, Say Zuzu (o.k., they're from New Hampshire, but they're good!), Chris Ligon, Herbie Joe Reith and Lennie Dietsch of Cole Rain, singing the songs of Dolly Parton, the Louvin Brothers, Johnny Paycheck, Don Gibson, Tammy Wynette&George Jones, Webb Pierce, Jimmy Martin, Jumpin' Bill Carlisle, Hanks Sr. & Jr., Wanda Jackson, Porter Wagoner and Waylon Jennings.  Plus, Lone Star State will play an opening set.  Plus, Nora O'Connor, James Conway, and Gina Black will each sing in a bonus set!

Who is Heather McAdams, you say?  Well, you might know her from her cartoons in the Reader, her animation work on MTV, or her great little shop on Montrose, the Record Roundup.  But Heather is also a diehard country fan, and an avid chronicler of all things country.  In the last few years, she been making her Li'l Country Calendars, featuring a portrait of a country legend for every month of the year, and essential daily tidbits like country stars' birthdays and other choice information.

So, getting back to Thursday night, the music starts at 9:00 sharp and we're thinking we might sell out so come early if you can. See y'all there.

Kelly
http://www.bcity.com/texasrubies
http://www.bcity.com/honkytonk