Diana Quinn wrote:

> The reason musicians hate line-dancing (and I love to dance) is because,
> with a few exceptions, those who go out specifically to line-dance will
> dance only to those songs they know. . .  Most of these folks want to do one
> thing, and they have little tolerance for what they don't know or
> understand.

I haven't had the misfortune to play for a strictly
line-dancing crowd, but friends who have done so
extensively would agree.  They don't care about the music,
don't acknowledge bands with applause, and get pissed off
if a song is not played precisely the way it's heard on the
radio.  Furthermore, they don't drink much, which has led to
the scene being half the size it was 5 years ago (clubowners
are going to put up with that low profit margin for only so
long). A steel player I work with occasionally calls them
"dance nazis."
Tom Smith