One prob, Mike, as I've understood it, is that garments like the coats
you're talking about are very rare.  I mean, a lot of this stuff is custom
made, etc....   Just not the thing one's gonna find in most places.  Sigh.

I've always suspected there *must* be a place in LA for this kind of
thing.  Never have found it, though.  Any Angelenos know??

--junior

PS.  Next time you're in Austin, check out Tiny's (near the airport) for
boots (sharp! but pricey) and Sola y Luna (just moved to a storefront two
doors up from the Continental Club) for some high quality vintage.  No
coats quite as flashy as what you're looking for as of last month,
though...