-----Original Message-----
From: Jon Weisberger <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>Through ASCAP I make about one third more
>>than X  The reason why is because ASCAP offers an award to it's
>>members who can attest that their material is being played on radio (such
>>as college and public stations that aren't monitored) but they are not
>>collecting on these songs.  Each quarter I receive $115.00 award money.
BMI
>>doesn't really monitor college station either, and they don't give awards.
>
>Again, I caution that this may not be the current situation.  On the other
>hand, it may be, and if so, it might make a difference to some folks.

Jon..I can attest to that...even though the Ignitors record charted among
the top 25 on the Gavin Americana charts, and we had quite a bit of airplay,
royalties were nil. We did however apply to the ASCAP awards panel and now I
get a quarterly check which justs covers my dues and then some..better than
nothing. Also, I got a decent (I hope) health insurance policy through them.
And it doesn't matter which office or which V.P. you call when you need
then, they always return the call...Hell, they even came to our show in
Nashville.

Chris House
Ignitors