>At 4:39 PM -0400 4/4/99, Amy Haugesag wrote:
>
>>Well, referencing Peggy Lee's "Fever" isn't going to win any points with
>>me, as I don't love either the song or her toneless version of it. If this
>>loses me major kitsch-cred points, that's fine with me.
>

>Well thanks, I guess, for pointing out to me that I'm just
>respondingly ironically to the faked sensations of artistic rubbish.
>How ever could I have thought I sincerely liked the song on
>its own merits? <g>

Whoa there, Dr. Ross. I don't recall mentioning anything about irony, faked
sensations, or artistic rubbish. All I said was that I don't like the song
or Peggy Lee's voice, and I mentioned its kitsch appeal (which I think is
undeniable). I've been known to rail against ironic detachment at the least
provocation, but this wasn't one of those instances, and I wasn't
commenting on your reaction to the song (about which I know nothing) at
all. Sheesh.

--Amy