Playlist for Progressive Torch and Twang
Tuesdays, 8 p.m. to midnight
WDBM, 88.9 FM, G-4 Holden Hall, East Lansing, MI 48824
Your hosts: Doug Neal and Jamie DePolo
Questions, comments?  [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Roots rockin', hip-shakin', soul-swayin' music!"

Playlist for April 6, 1999

Tonight we continued with our MerleFest promotion, featuring large sets of
music by artists who are scheduled to appear at MerleFest '99. As a result,
we received numerous inquiries into the contest and the entries are coming
in (check our website for details). To go along with the promotion, we gave
out CDs by Doc & Merle Watson, Jerry Douglas, Nanci Griffith, The
GrooveGrass Boyz, and Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder. We also gave away
tickets to an upcoming T&T night with the Lilybandits on Saturday, April
10th at Mac's Bar and tickets for the Ten Pound Fiddle, which is featuring
Cathy Fink and Marcy Marxer on Friday, April 9th. Finally, we played music
from the Paperboys, who will be playing an in-store performance at Elderly
Instruments on Friday, April 9th at 1PM. There is definitely no shortage of
opportunities to see good live music around these parts, no matter what
your musical preference or budget may be!

Format is:
Artist - Song
Album/Label

Link Wray - Rawhide (T&T Theme Song)
Walkin' With Link/Epic-Legacy

Hayseed - Between The Lines
Melic/Watermelon

Shaver - Son of Cavalry
Victory/New West

Shaver - Cowboy Who Started the Fight
Victory/New West

Vic Chestnutt - Myrtle
About to Choke/Capitol

Vic Chestnutt - Tarragon
About to Choke/Capitol

Chris Mills - Keep the Corpse Beautiful
Nobody's Favorite/Sugar Free

Richard Buckner - Boys, The Night will Bury You
Since/MCA

The Old Joe Clarks - No Going Back
Metal Shed Blues/Checkered Past

Mandy Barnett - The Whispering Wind (Blows on By)
I've Got A Right/Sire

Hillbilly Idol - It All Depends on You
Town & Country/Self-Released

Rex Allen - The Girl I Left Behind Me
Rex Allen: The Last of the Great Singing Cowboys/Bloodshot Revival

Dock Boggs - Country Blues
The Anthology of American Folk Music/Smithsonian Folkways

Jimmy Murphy - Electricity
Electricity/Sugar Hill

Roscoe Holcomb - House in New Orleans
The High Lonesome Sound/Smithsonian Folkways

Beaver Nelson - Forget Thinkin'
The Last Hurrah/Freedom

Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer - Ruby
Voice on the Wind/Rounder

Cathy Fink & Marcy Marxer - Everybody's Doin' It
A Parent's Home Companion/Rounder

Kelly Willis - Talk Like That (request)
What I Deserve/Rykodisc

Syd Straw - The Train That Takes You Away...
War and Peace/Capricorn

Tammy Rogers - Oh, Heartache
Self-Titled/Dead Reckoning

Doc & Merle Watson - Reuben's Train
Home Sweet Home/Sugar Hill

Doc & Merle Watson - Little Maggie
Home Sweet Home/Sugar Hill

Jerry Douglas (w/Tim O'Brien) - Things in Life
Restless on the Farm/Sugar Hill

Longview - How Will The Flower's Bloow?
Self-Titled/Rounder

Lucinda Williams - Ramblin' On My Mind
Ramblin'/Smithsonian Folkways

Peter Rowan - Stable Boy Blues
Bluegrass Boy/Sugar Hill

Blue Highway - Midnight Storm
Midnight Storm/Rebel

Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder - How Mountain Girls Can Love
Ancient Tones/Skaggs Family Records

Robbie & Ron McCoury - Thanks A Lot
Self-Titled/Rounder

Bobby Hicks (w/Del McCoury) - Oh, What A Silent Night
Fiddle Patch/Rounder

Doc Watson & David Grisman - Doc & Dawg
Doc & Dawg/Acoustic Disc

Mac, Doc, & Del - Live and Let Live
Mac, Doc & Del/Sugar Hill

Randy Scruggs (w/Earl Scruggs & Jerry Douglas) - Lonesome Ruben
Crown of Jewels/Reprise

Doc & Merle Watson - Down the Road
Home Sweet Home/Sugar Hill

Doc & Merle Watson - Russian Grass
Home Sweet Home/Sugar Hill

Seldom Scene - The Old Hometown
After Midnight/Sugar Hill

Steve Earle - Tom Ames' Prayer
Train A-Comin'/E-Squared

Steve Earle & The Del McCoury Band - I'm Still in Love with You
The Mountain/E-Squared

The Paperboys - I've Just Seen A Face
Molinos/Stony Plain

The Paperboys - Drunken Wagoneer
Molinos/Stony Plain

The Paperboys - Ray's Ukrainian Wine Cellar Polka/Nelli's Afterthough
Molinos/Stony Plain

The Beat Farmers - Bigger Stones (request)
Tales of the New West/Rhino

Hadacol - Big Tornado
Better Than This/Checkered Past

The Flatirons - Crazy Train
Prayer Bones/Checkered Past

Merle Haggard - Sing a Sad Song (request)
Heroes of Country Music: Legends of the West Coast/Rhino

Merle Haggard - Silver Wings (request)
The Best of Austin City Limits/Columbia-Legacy

The Lilybandits - Backhanded at the Gate
Shifty's Tavern/Fundamental

The Lilybandits - Drunk
Shifty's Tavern/Fundamental

Flat Duo Jets - Blues Wrapped Around My Head
Lucky Eye/Outpost

The Backsliders - Cowboy Boots (request)
Throwin' Rocks at the Moon/Mammoth

The Belmont Playboys - Runnin' Wild
Hot Rod Heart/Teen Rebel

The Brian Setzer Orchestra - Let's Live It Up
The Dirty Boogie/Interscope

The Insta-Gators - Flames
Self-Titled/Reptile

The Blasters - Flat Top Joint
American Music/Hightone

The Blue Rags - Not Gonna Be Around Here
Rag N' Roll/SubPop

Wayne Hancock - Poor Boy Blues
Thunderstorms and Neon Signs/Deja Disc

Bob Wills & His Texas Playboys - Fat Boy Rag
Anthology 1935-1973/Rhino

Speedy West & Jimmy Bryant - Shuffleboard Rag (request)
Stratosphere Boogie/Razor & Tie

Hillbilly Idol - Half Empty (request)
Town & Country/Self-Released

Joe Maphis & Larry Collins - Hurricane (request)
Flying Fingers/Bear Family

Junior Brown - Sugarfoot Rag (request)
Junior High/Curb-MCA

Leon McAuliffe & His Western Swing Band - Blue Guitar Stomp (request)
Hillbilly Boogie/Columbia-Legacy

Jerry Byrd & The String Dusters - Steelin' The Blues (request)
Legends of Country Guitar/Rhino

Bill Kirchen - Let The Fire Burn Out
Raise A Ruckus/Hightone

Paul Burch & the WPA Ballclub - 13 Nights
Pan-American Flash/Checkered Past

Jimmie Rivers & The Cherokees - Jammin' with Jimmy
Brisbane Boy/Joaquin

Chuck E. Weiss (w/Tom Waits) - It Rains on Me
Extremely Cool/Slow River

Doug Neal/Jamie DePolo
[EMAIL PROTECTED][EMAIL PROTECTED]
Progressive Torch and Twang