>Listening to "Dixieland" from the Earl/McCoury CD, I am reminded of
>Steve's collaboration with the Pogues on "Copperhead Road". Steve almost
>sounds like Shane "Why're My Teeth So Rotten" MacGowan. Does anyone know
>how Steve ended up working with those guys? I have heard him do some
>other Celtic influenced music. Also, Dan Gillis plays on this one and I
>have seen him on pennywhistle in a couple of live shows. I guess he is
>Steve's manager, but does he only play spots with Steve, or has  he
>played with others?

well, I do know that Steve has a real love for Ireland. He spends many months of
the
year there. I think that Purcell posted something where Earle said that he would
permanently move to Ireland if it weren't for his (Earle's) kids.
The Celtic influence on Steve's song writing
really comes through loud and clear during the live shows.
He also talks about Ireland quite a bit
during the live performances.

Didn't really answer your question, but, oh well..............

marie