<< Just for the record, Cibo Matto kick butt and I've never met a Japanese
 Band I didnt like. And I know Cibo Matto are from NYC but you get my
 point. Bring on The Boredoms, bring on the 5, 6, 7, 8's bring on The
 Zoobombs, bring on Shonen Knife. >>

Got me thinking, anyone know who the most popular Japanese artist in US
history might be? I can't think of anyone beyond Cibo Matto, who, by virtue
of being on a major label, might win this pony race.

Suddenly I am struck by the 1960's Japanese bluegrass band featured in the
documentary High Lonesome. Funny. Cool. Funny cool.

NW
np - Luaka Bop sampler. Jim White rules.