Heh, it's good to agree with Dave on *some* things.  I've listened
to Shonen Knife and seen a couple of these bands live (Cibo Matto
and Pizzicatto 5 or whatever their name was) and I'll tell you,
truly, I came away with my butt completely intact....

Cibo Matto was "cute," I guess (the chicken suit was funny, etc.),
and Sean Lennon gives them cachet, but a good band?  I dunno, I just
can't see it.  You been smokin' that devil weed in Nashville, CK???
<g>

And it seems to be that Shonen Knife has probably had more success in
the US than any other Japanese band.  They had a bunch of
albums out here and some hipster cred for awhile, no?

--junior