> On Thu, 8 Apr 1999, Jon Weisberger wrote:
>
> > Speaking of which, I was just listening to Mark Chesnutt's remake of
> > "Pride's Not Hard To Swallow (Once You Chew It Long Enough)."  Hot damn,
> > it's enough to make me forgive that horrible Diane Warren number.  Well,
> > almost.
>
> And of course we all know who did it first.<g> ("Pride's," not the Warren
> tune.)

Of course.

> And anyone thinkin' of dippin' into Chesnutt's catalog could do
> worse than pickin' up his Wings album, where you'll not only find the song
> mentioned above, but lots of other hardcore honkytonkers.  Hell, Smilin'
> Jim might even like it.<g>  Anyway, it's much better than his latest.

Sad but true; I count two good songs on the new one, and that's being
generous ("That's The Way You Make An Ex" makes it by any standard).
Chesnutt is, in my opinion, an awesome talent, and it's sad to see him
cranking out so many pop-country throwaways; when he does what he ought to
do, like "Pride's," or "Ex," or "Too Cold At Home," or "That Side Of Me,"
there's hardly anyone can touch him.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/