The Boudin Barndance - 4/8/99
Dan Ferguson
WRIU-FM, 90.3 Kingston, RI
Thursdays 6-9 pm

After last week's annual radiothon and fundraising shenanigans, it was back
to business.  In-studio guests tonight down from Boston were rockabilly cats
The Bourbonaires (of which fellow P2-er Jon Johnson is a member).  The reason
for the appearance was their upcoming show next Friday at the Green Room in
Providence, a twin bill with The Ragin Teens.  The fellows brought down an
advance pressing of their upcoming 7-inch as well as an advance of their
long-player planned for late summer.  Some pretty hot tunes. They also
brought down some favorite records and stuff.  Once again, lots of new stuff.
 Gettin' first-time Boudin Barndance spins this evening were Bare Jr. (way
overdue!), a killer Roy Clark all-instrumental reissue from Razor & Tie as
well as the 2nd volume from West & Bryant, Europe-based hillbilly tunesters
The Tennessee Rhythm Riders, one time Sun Recording artist Vernon Taylor, and
of course, The Bourbonaires.  Butt-shaker of the night????   Rhode Island C&W
artifact Eddie Zack with "I'm Gonna Rock and Roll."  Now, onto zee goods....

Buck Owens, et al/ Buckaroo / Box Set / Rhino   (intro)

Rosie Flores - Bring It On / Dance Hall Dreams (Rounder)
James Intveld - Cryin' Over You / (Innerworks)
Countrypolitans - Come Rollin' In / Tired of Drowning (Ultrapolitan)
......... gearjammers unite!.....
Dale Watson - Exit 109 / The Truckin' Sessions (KOCH)
World Famous Bluejays - Cookin' With Jay / Rig Rock Truck Stop (Diesel Only)
Steve Cameron - Truckstop Cafe / Overloaded Diesel (Gusto)

Bare Jr. - Love-less / Boo-Tay (Immortal)
Backsliders - Burning Bed / Southern Lines (Mammoth)
Go to Blazes - Casa Diablo / 7" (Diesel Only)
Tom Leach - 2 Weeks to Go / Live In Person (Slow River)
Blood Oranges - Fire Escape / Lone Green Valley (ESD)
Old 97s - Goin', Goin', Gone / Wreck Your Life (Bloodshot)
Roy Clark - Weepin' Willow Twist / The Lightning Fingers of (R&T)

Krontjong Devils - Don't Look Now / 7" (Hillsdale)
Sonny Treadway - Don't Let the Devil Ride / Sacred Steel (Arhoolie)
Jerry Byrd - Steelin' the Blues / Steel Guitar Favorites (Mercury)
Tennessee Rhythm Riders - Rider Boogie / Little Red Wagon (Studio 28)
Billy Jack Wills - Slow Drive / Crazy, Man, Crazy (Joaquin)
Lucky Stars - Everybody's Fool / 7" (Fate)
Big Sandy & Fly-Rite Boys - Buddy, I Ain't Buyin' / Radio Favorites (HMG)

Webb Pierce - My Shoes Keep Walkin' Back to You / The Wondering Boy (Bear
Family)
Skeets McDonald - You're There / Don't Let the Stars Get in Your Eyes (Bear
Family)
Jimmy Murphy - Corbin Stomp / Electricity (Sugar Hill)
West & Bryant - Lover / Swingin' on the Strings Vol. 2 (R&T)

Bill Kirchen - Girlfriend / Raise a Ruckus (HighTone)
Jack Smith - Wish I Didn't / Can't Help Myself (Run Wild)
Vernon Taylor - Lonesome for a Letter / Daddy's Rockin' (Run Wild)
Big Bad Johns - Hey Las Vegas / I Will Be Good (Feralette)
Red Meat - Cry a Little Bit / 13 (Ranchero)

********** Tag-Team with The Bourbonaires doin' the in-studio thing
*************
The Bourbonaires - That Tease / 7" (Howlin')
The Cranktones - Snake Bit / Vibrate With (MuSick)
Johnny Jano - High Voltage / King of Louisiana Rockabilly (Krazy Kajun)
Johnny Carroll - Crazy Crazy Lovin' / Last Great Rockabilly Saturday Night
(Stompertime)

The Bourbonaires - I'm Gonna Lose My Mind / 7" (Howlin')
John Wortham - The Cats Were Jumpin' / Rockabilly Shakedown (Buffalo Bop)
Eddie Zack, et al - I'm Gonna Rock and Roll / Western Dance Vol. 2 (bootleg)
Alan Page - She's the One That's Got It / Hot Rockin' Tracks (Mima)
Ridgetop Westernaires - Lookin' for Better Days / 7" (Jet-Tone)

The Bourbonaires - Rockin' Angel
The Bourbonaires - I'm a Man, That's Where I Stand, That's All
Sean Mencher - Jumpin' Track / 7" (Ecco-Fonic)
Four Teens - Spark Plug / Ultra Rare Rockin' & Boppin' (bootleg)
The Bourbonaires - On My Mind
Roy Clark - Wildwood Twist / The Lightning Fingers of (R&T)

Burton & Mooney / Corn Pickin' / Legends of Country Guitar / Rhino  (outro)

Enjoy.
Boudin Dan

N.D. - Busch (hey, it's cheap and it's racin' season)