The Boudin Barndance - 3/25/99
Dan Ferguson
WRIU-FM, 90.3 Kingston, RI
Thursdays 6-9 pm

Lots happening on the Barndance tonight.  Began on a sad note as we remembered
Charles Sawtelle of Hot Rize/Red Knuckles fame.  Attempted to focus on tunes
with Charles in the limelight.  Did our annual Lefty Frizzell birthday
celebration (Mar. 31).  Also previewed Cesar Rosas' show at the Met Cafe in
Providence on Saturday night.  Lots of new stuff as well.  Receiving first-
time Boudin Barndance spins this evening were Pete Krebs & the Gossamer Wings,
Boozoo Chavis, the Big Bad Johns, Ronnie Dawson, the Backsliders, the new
6-song EP from Big Sandy & the Fly-Rite Boys, a greatest hits collection from
Rhode Island country legend Eddie Zack, and another new Norton 7-inchers from
The Rhythm Rockers (purple vinyl!).  Butt-Shaker of the night?  Twin Cities
rockers oughta recognize "Baby Baby" from Mike Wagoner & the Bops.  Onto zee
goods....

Buck Owens, et al/ Buckaroo / Box Set / Rhino   (intro)

.....remembering Charles Sawtelle
Hot Rize - Leather Britches / Traditional Ties (Sugar Hill)
Hot Rize - Just Like You / Untold Stories (Sugar Hill)
Hot Rize - Walkin the Dog / Radio Boogie (Flying Fish)
Red Knuckles & Trailblazers - Slade's Theme / Hot Rize Presents (Flying Fish)
Red Knuckles & Trailblazers - Dixie Cannonball / Hot Rize Presents (Flying
Fish)
Red Knuckles & Trailblazers - I Know My Baby Loves Me / Hot Rize Presents
(Flying Fish)
Red Knuckles & Trailblazers - Trailblazer Theme / Hot Rize Presents (Flying
Fish)
Hot Rize - Hear Jerusalem Moan / Traditional Ties (Sugar Hill)

Jeff White - This Lonely Heart of Mine / The Broken Road (Rounder)
Hank Garland - E Street Rag / & the Sugarfooters (Rounder)
Earle & McCourys - Dixieland / The Mountain (E-Squared)
Bad Livers - I'm Using My Bible As a Roadmap / Dust on the Bible (1/4-Stick)
Horton Bros - Out of Sight Out of Mind / Roll Back the Rug (Texas Jamboree)
J.D. Crowe (Whitley) - I Never Go Around Mirrors / Somewhere Between the Lines
(Rounder)

.............happy birthday Lefty.......
Lefty Frizzell - Look What Thoughts Will Do / Life's Like Poetry (Bear Family)
Lefty Frizzell - Treasure Untold / Life's Like Poetry (Bear Family)
Lefty Frizzell - Shine, Shave, Shower / Life's Like Poetry (Bear Family)
Lefty Frizzell - Before You Go, Make Sure You Know / Life's Like Poetry (Bear
Family)
Lefty Frizzell - If You Can Spare the Time / Life's Like Poetry (Bear Family)
Lefty Frizzell - A King Without a Queen / Life's Like Poetry (Bear Family)
Lefty Frizzell - Mama! / Life's Like Poetry (Bear Family)

Cesar Rosas - E. Los Ballad #13 / Soul Disguise (Rykodisc)
Cesar Rosas - You've Got to Lose / Soul Disguise (Rykodisc)
Cesar Rosas - Little Heaven / Soul Disguise (Rykodisc)
Martin Sexton - Where It Begins / The Amwrican (Atlantic)
Pete Krebs - Ashes Back to Vegas / Sweet Ona Rose (Cavity Search)
Backsliders - Never Be Your Darling / Southern Lines (Mammoth)

Jack Smith - Can't Help Myself / Can't Help Myself (Run Wild)
Joe Maphis - Water Baby Boogie / Wild Men Ride Wild Guitars (Hollowbody)
Huelyn Duval - Juliet / Is You Is or Is You Ain't (Sundazed)
The Stillmen - Suisun Baby / Go! Go! Go! (Star Tone)
Ronnie Dawson - Bobwire Betty / More Bad Habits (Yep Roc)
Big Sandy & Fly-Rite Boys - I Can't Believe I'm Saying This to You / Radio
Favorites (HMG)

Dr. Ross - Bebop Gal / Boogie Disease (Arhoolie)
Church Keys - Hoodoo Say / Work With It (Norton)
Jerry Coulston - Caveman Hop / Big Itch Vol. 3 (Mr. Manicotti)
Mike Wagoner & Bops - Baby Baby / 7" (Vee)
The Gestures - Candlelight / Soma Records Story (Plum)

The Weekenders - Rampage / Baltimore Teen Beat A Go-Go (Get Hip)
Rhythm Rockers - Brang / 7" (Norton)
Boozoo Chavis - Who Stole My Monkey? / Who Stole My Monkey? (Rounder)
Big Bad Johns - The Bar I Call Home / I Will Be Good (Feralette)
Jaguars - Exit 6 / Las Vegas Grind Part 2 (Strip)

Burton & Mooney / Corn Pickin' / Legends of Country Guitar / Rhino  (outro)

Enjoy.
Boudin Dan