The bluegrass segment of the bifurcated "American Originals" station,
which itself is one of 31 stations on "Music Choice," is pretty
impressive, with a nice mix of classic bluegrass and newgrass, or whatever
it's called these days. The Big Band and Blues stations also delve into
both obscurities and more classic type stuff. Haven't checked out the
"progressive" and "alternative rock" stations yet, and am not sure what's
the difference. As for the classic country station, I tuned in last night,
and as David Cantwell had mentioned, did catch a really nice flow of great
tunes, including Del Reeves (Southern Belles of Southern Bell), Buck Owens
(Waiting in Your Welfare Line), Merle (Fightin' Side of Me), Patsy Cline
(San Antonio Rose), Gene Watson (You're out there doin what I'd like to be
doin at home, or something along those lines), and more, until I had to
make the switch to A&E's incredible mini-series based on C.S. Forester's
Hornblower books. -- Terry Smith

np Doug Sahm's "Jukebox Music."