In a message dated 4/12/99 10:02:20 PM !!!First Boot!!!, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
writes:

<<     I saw a fellow open up for Varnaline and Sparklehorse that said he was
 the front man for the Candy Butchers...I really liked the popish songs he
 was playing, and wondering if anyone knew anything about the band...?

Yeah, he was the best part of the show.  His stuff reminded me of Graham
Parker, only a little more dark in content.  Varnaline had some decent stuff,
but Sparklehorse was horrible.  I'm getting tired of bands being labeled
"alt-country" just because there's a doghouse bass or a fiddle.  Believe me,
it was noise.

Mitch Matthews
Gravel Train/Sunken Road