On Tue, 13 Apr 1999, Morgan Keating wrote:

> >twang content:  what about the Jayhawks for sidemen of the decade??
>
> Yes!!!  They done good for Mr. Henry, etc...

Well actually they were cruising until a few years ago, so they don't get
my vote (and I know they are disqualified anyways as frontmen of their own
band[s]). In the early 90's it seemed every record I bought had the
Jayhawks as the studio band:

Appearances on:

Soul Asylum, Uncle Tupelo, Maria McKee, Counting Crows, Joe Henry,
Victoria Williams, John Hiatt, Wallflowers, Roger McGuinn, Pistoleros,
Golden Smog . . .

-jim