> On Wed, 14 Apr 1999, Jon Weisberger wrote:
>
> > Picked up Barnett's album this morning, and aside from having some fun
> > trying to figure out which of the songs I don't know are old and which
> > are new, I notice that the sidemen appearing thereupon include Harold
> > Bradley, Pig Robbins, Buddy Emmons, Hal Rugg and Buddy Harman.
>
> Which I pointed out to ya weeks ago.  Harumph.

Aw, shoot, Don, once I saw that you recommended the album, I figured the
rest of the info was just secondary, unnecessary detail.

> > BTW, Barnett's version of "Falling, Falling, Falling" nicely splits the
> > difference between the original record and Doyle Lawson's 1994
> remake (on
> > Never Walk Away), with steel guitar *and* mandolin and banjo.
>
> OK, I gotta confess that I've been blanking on who did the original of
> that one ever since I was sent the Barnett album.

That would be Ray Price.  It always kills me to hear covers of that, because
I *begged* Dwight McCall to record it with Union Springs back before Doyle
did it (which was 95, not 94); as far as I know, Doyle's was the first
cover, and we could have beat him to it.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/