Christopher Hill asked, re Marshall Crenshaw's lost B-side:

> Is this still available?  Or available elsewhere?  On cd?
> I loved that song in college.
>
> > Agree!!!  And of course, the great one from Attack of the Killer Bs / "You're
> > My Favorite Waste of Time" .. Buddy Holly lives!

Yup, it's on last year's "new" compilation record; 9 VOLT YEARS: Battery Powered
Home Demos and Curios.
A very good record, which crept its way onto my pop top 10 last year despite having
no 1998 material on it.
A must for any Marshall Crenshaw fan, IMO, and not a bad review of his 80's
material for anybody interested, though the eponymous first record is the place to
start. But don't stop there. <g>

The perfect single? Heh. This would require much more thought, but a few more
"recent" ones that always thrill me:

"Above and Beyond" Buck Owens
"No Matter What" Badfinger
"Train In Vain" The Clash (in honor of yesterday's chat)
"Rock Bottom, Pop.1" Robbie Fulks
"Why Can't It Be" Splitsville (my current can't get it out of my head tune)

b.s.

n.p. Robbie Fulks LET'S KILL SATURDAY NIGHT (killing Lawrence Thursday night with
some local guys Fear and Whiskey)