[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

>       "You're My Favorite Waste Of Time" is on Marshall Crenshaw's
>CD "The Nine Volt Years", which is a pretty good collection of outtakes
>and rarities from the '80's. It's not a crucial buy but it's fun for
fans of
>the man.

     It's also on MCA's promo-only best-of collection that they released
to promote his one-and-only MCA release a few years back.  A really nice
piece of work, actually, including songs from his various WB releases,
"...Waste of Time," his Buddy Holly number from "LaBamba," and a couple
of songs from the MCA album.  About the only glaring omission is
"Maryanne," which was a minor radio hit (around here, anyway) when it
came out.  It's comparatively rare, though not so rare that I don't see
it turn up at least once or twice a year somewhere.
                                --Jon Johnson
                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                   Wollaston, Massachusetts