Great, great, great post Marie.

I've always really admired the artists who get involved with death
penalty abolition work because it's a much more heated and
complicated issue than most. Sure, anyone can speak up against
hunger or land mines, but you seriously risk losing parts of your
audience when you step into the death penalty arena. And lord
knows it's hardly a glamorous issue. I've done a fair amount of anti-
DP work over the past 15 years, and I can tell you people never
hesitated to get right in my face and scream bloody murder (no pun
intended) about how wrong I was. (And nothing cracked me up
more than watching people scan the list of religious organizations
that are against the DP finally find their church and scurry away in
disgust.)

The folks involved with Journey of Hope and Murder Victims
Families for Reconciliation are some amazing people.

Dave

***
Dave Purcell, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Northern Ky Roots Music: http://w3.one.net/~newport