Don Yates:
> Not only is Mandy's new one the best album of its kind since
>Shadowland, but for my money, it's much better.

I'd agree.  Overall, the song selection is much stronger on Barnett's
album, and the Nashville sound hommage is employed with much more
'subtlety'.  Though I wonder whether this is because two thirds of the
songs are produced by Harold & Bobby Bradley alongside Barnett, rather than
Owen Bradley himself.  I find myself preferring their work.

Jon Weisberger:
>I think Barnett's got a deeper affinity for the Bradley/Patsy Cline sound
>than lang did.
Well, this is probably due to Barnett's stage experience. There's also the
simple reason of  how geography
affects a singer's vowels sounds.  Rural Alberta's a long ways from Virginia.
lang's strongest country album was Absolute Torch N' Twang, anyhow, and
I'll rate her version of Three Days over Barnett's take on her debut.

Allen Baekeland

Boot Heel Drag can be heard on CJSW 90.9 FM , Calgary,AB
Tuesdays at 6:30 PM MST and on realaudio at www.cjsw.com.