Nice work Carl. Meanwhile, this line:

<< "So do you have any idea what they sound like" >>

reminds me of my predicament before seeing them in SF. We were actually in SF
to do some in-law stuff, and thus, were sharing a rental with my sister in
law and her mucho macho hubby, they who reside in Boise and wouldn't know
nuttin about new music whatsoever. For them, it's HNC and Adult contemporary,
period, and Jeff Foxworthy, of course. And when we told them we were going to
see Sparklehorse -- who they proceeded to inadvertently refer to as the
Sparkle Boys from then on -- they asked, "what do they sound like?" Well,
they might as well have been asking me to explain the theory of relativity. I
can't, and there was no way in hell I could even begin to describe a band to
someone who has zero knowledge of the terminology and reference points. Think
about it. To them, "Alt" means nothing, nor does "edgy," "punk," "twisted
guitar pop," "a la Flaming Lips" ... none of it would have made sense to
them. I was completely befuddled. "Well, um, it's, kinda folk, but really
loud, kinda like Neil Young... the lead guy's REALLY weird... A mad scientist
type." Ugh.

The moral of this story: I forget that my circle of friends -- physical ones
or those in e-mail form -- are a smidgen of a smidgen of the population. The
real world doesn't think the way we do.

Neal Weiss
np - Delphonic Sounds Today!

A good lesson.