> This is presumably the song that Muleskinner (Richard Greene, Peter
> Rowan, David Grisman, Clarence White, Bill Keith - plenty of Big Mon
> alumni there) recorded as Blue And Lonesome.  If so, any idea it would
> be credited to Walter Jacobs on the record?

I suspect that's the product of sloppiness at several points in the process
of putting the album together:

Grisman (or Rowan, or...) to Sierra gofer:  "That one's called 'I'm Blue And
Lonesome'"

Sierra gofer to PRO gofer: "I need the writer/publisher credit for 'Blue And
Lonesome.'"

PRO gofer:  "Here you go.  Walter Jacobs."

One of the side effects of putting the BMI and ASCAP databases online is
that everyone can see for themselves just how messy they are...

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/