Jim Nelson says:

> >I suspect that's the product of sloppiness at several points
> >in the process of putting the album together:
>
> >Grisman (or Rowan, or...) to Sierra gofer:  "That one's called
> >'I'm Blue And Lonesome'"
>
> Well, if you're right, it started before that, because the record
> was originally issued on Warner Brothers way back in '73 or '74
> with the same credits.  You'd think that a company with the
> resources of WB might get it right, right?

I did not know, or didn't remember, the original issuer, but IMO that it was
a major makes this theory even more likely, because it's even less likely
that an early-70s vintage WB flunky would know a Bill Monroe tune from a
Little Walter one <g>.

Jon Weisberger  Kenton County, KY [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://home.fuse.net/jonweisberger/