[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> Any one recall Shania Twain re-recording or remixing "Still the One" for pop
> airplay? Something about deleting the fiddles or so? Plus, I seem to recall
> the Dixie Chicks being asked to make some sort of similar compromise to be on
> some TV show but refused? Do either of these scenarios sound right?
>
> Foggy.
>
> Neal Weiss

What? you mean the original You're Still The One has fiddle on it? The one
released in the UK for the pop audiences has organ and guitar, but no fiddle. My
sister bought the single (out of curiosity because we don't get many country
singles released over here, nothing else, ahem)

I think the Dixie Chicks thing was for MTV, and they refused to take out their
instruments from the video.

Louise
--

If you like rocking country music, check out the Okeh Wranglers web site at:

http://dspace.dial.pipex.com/bluesmoke