-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: passenger side <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sunday, April 18, 1999 6:53 PM
Subject: help: trying to get stories straight

>Any one recall Shania Twain re-recording or remixing "Still the One" for
pop
>airplay? Something about deleting the fiddles or so? Plus, I seem to recall
>the Dixie Chicks being asked to make some sort of similar compromise to be
on
>some TV show but refused? Do either of these scenarios sound right?

Twain's international release of COO was re-mixed; some fiddle and steel
removed, while other parts just diluted into the background. "You're Still
The One" was released internationally as a pop single sans countrified
treatment and was a hit  in Europe prior to the single being played in the
US.
Album cover is even different for the international version.
Tera