Hey y'all.  I've been pretty quiet on the list lately, I know, but I'm
throwing this blatant self promotion out there anyway.  My band (the
Barkers) have just finished our first album.  It's being manufactured
right now and thanks to the glorious freedom of self-releasing I can
state that the release date is not a Tuesday at all but rather
Wednesday April 27th.

As we speak I'm uploading mp3's of a few songs to mp3.com.  I've never
done this before so I have no idea how or when they'll show up there.
I'm putting them in the "pop" genre but don't let that scare you.  The
Barkers do have a bit of ELO-nature but we also have a goodly amount
of twang.

The album is called Burn Your Piano, and you will be able to get it at
selected discriminating record stores (probably Waterloo and Sound
Exchange in Austin and Vintage Vinyl in St. Louis) or from the band
when we come to your town.  Or by mail.

Speaking of which,

Tues   Apr 20    Continental Club (Austin)
Tues   Apr 27    Continental Club (Austin)
Thurs  Apr 29    High Tone (Memphis, TN)
Fri    Apr 30    Duck Room [Blueberry Hill] (St. Louis, MO)
Sat    May  1    Lounge Ax (Chicago, IL)
Thurs  May  6    (unconfirmed) St. Louis
Fri    May  6    (unconfirmed) Kansas City
Sat    May  7    (unconfirmed) Lawrence KS

Hopefully we'll get those unconfirmed dates solidified and y'all can
come out and see us.  In the mean time, check mp3.com for a sampling
of songs from the CD.

Pre-production CD-Rs available to press and radio types in the towns
we're going to.

Thanks,
Bill Gribble