Hi NC/SC Music fans:

Tickets for these upcoming concerts at The Neighborhood Theatre are
available in independent record stores in Charlotte & Huntersville ...
you can pick them up or order by phone (704.309.2087); or on-line @
www.maxxmusic.com.

Saturday, May 22nd @ 8:00 PM

Junior Brown

returns to the Neighborhood Theatre!!!!  This one is being
co-produced with Paul & Sharon of NT fame.  We're not 100%
sure yet but Mandy Barnett should open the show - she's being
called the best female vocalist out of Nashville since Patsy Cline!
And you get this all for $20.00

 Saturday, June 26th @ 8:00 PM

The Blotter Boys

make their Neighborhood Theatre debut - they're the super-group
consisting of Vassar Clements on violin; Buddy Cage (New
Riders Of The Purple Sage/The Band/Bob Dylan) on pedal steel;
Sammy Piazza (Stevie Ray Vaughn/Hot Tuna) on drums; Boyd
Albritton (Quicksilver/John Lee Hooker/Buddy Miles) on guitar and
Mike Sudderth (The Grass Roots/Billy Joe Royal) on bass.
Tapers get ready - this is a deal at $15.00.

Sunday, May 9th @ 8:00 PM

Chris Whitley and Chris Knight

The night of the Chrises ... I'm really excited about this one - Chris
Whitley has been a favorite since the release of Living With The
Law in 1991(I'm sure you remember the title track, Big Sky
Country, Poison Girl, Dust Radio) and he's returned to that National
Steel sound on his latest - Dirt Floor!  Chris Knight's self-titled
debut ranks right up there on my favorite of 1998 list - if you haven't
heard it, think Steve Earle, Fred Eaglesmith ... just think about going
out & buying it!!  A night with the two Chrises will be $12.50.

Thanks for supporting live music in Charlotte!

Gregg McCraw
MaxxMusic