Dave Purcell writes:

>>    Saw Marshall Crenshaw open a show at the Paradise in '92 with a
>> bitchin' cover of "Flirtin' With Disaster," by the way.
>
>Wow. Wow! Do any of the 'Shaw-heads out here have a tape of that.

     Wish I did.  It was a great show (Yates faves the Posies opened up).
 Crenshaw came out dressed to the nines in a bigass suit from the '40s
and while the band was vamping on the song's intro he said something
like, "Okay, admit it--you all know you love this song!"
     The other time I saw him he opened up with "(Don't Fear) The
Reaper."  Does he usually start his show with guilty pleasures?
                                --Jon Johnson
                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                   Wollaston, Massachusetts