Excerpts from internet.listserv.postcard2: 22-Apr-99 Re: Captain
Beefheart  by [EMAIL PROTECTED]
>  Personally I think his
>      early-80s stuff - Ice Cream for Crow (except a couple of dud tracks)
>      and Doc at the Radar Station - are more enjoyable than everything
>      except Trout Mask Replica, which simply stands on its own as an
>      avant-rock milestone.

Yep.  One of my all time favorite TV moments was watching the Captain
play "Hot Head" on SNL.  (The next year, SNL hosted Fear, who instigated
a riot.)  The last two records contain a lot of skronky, FUN music.
Having said that, _Lick My Decals Off Baby_ remains my favorite
Beefheart record, and I wish it would come back into print so I could
have a digital copy of "I Love You, You Big Dummy".

Carl Z.