Playlist for Progressive Torch and Twang
Tuesdays, 8 p.m. to midnight
WDBM, 88.9 FM, G-4 Holden Hall, East Lansing, MI 48824
Your hosts: Doug Neal and Jamie DePolo
Questions, comments?  [EMAIL PROTECTED] or [EMAIL PROTECTED]
"Roots rockin', hip-shakin', soul-swayin' music!"

Playlist for April 13, 1999

Our promotion of MerleFest '99 continued this week, as the deadline was
this Friday, April 16 to submit an entry (an essay in 150 words or less on
why you should get to go to MerleFest '99). We again featured large sets or
MerleFest artists (which is not very difficult, given the fabulous lineups)
and handed out CDs from Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder, Jerry Douglas and
Doc & Merle Watson. We also got a copy of the fantastic new album from Tom
Waits, "Mule Variations" and played a good helping from it.

Format is:
Artist - Song
Album/Label

Link Wray - Rawhide (T&T Theme Song)
Walkin' With Link/Epic-Legacy

The Lilybandits - Drunk
Shifty's Tavern/Fundamental

The Lilybandits - Vertigo
Shifty's Tavern/Fundamental

Rosie Flores - Funnel of Love (request)
Dance Hall Dreams/Rounder

The Steam Donkeys - Waltz Through the Rubbish (request)
Little Honky Tonks/Landslide

Cheryl Wheeler - Sylvia Hotel (request)
Little Honky Tonks/Landslide

Chuck E. Weiss - Everywhere I Go It Rains On Me
Extremely Cool/Slow River

Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson - Don't Take Your Guns to Town
VH1 Storytellers/American

Hayseed - Fulls the Shadows
Melic/Watermelon

Steve Earle & the Del McCoury Band - Harlan Man
The Mountain/E-Squared

The Del McCoury Band - Baltimore Jonny
Sessions at West 54th/PBS

Doc & Merle Watson - John Henry (request)
Home Sweet Home/Sugar Hill

Steve Earle & the Del McCoury Band - Hometown Blues
Sessions at West 54th/PBS

Lucinda Williams - Stop Breakin' Down
Ramblin'/Smithsonian Folkways

Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder - Think of What You've Done
Bluegrass Rules!/Skaggs Family

Ricky Skaggs & Kentucky Thunder - Boston Boy
Ancient Tones/Skaggs Family

Doc Watson & David Grisman - All About You
Doc & Dawg/Acoustic Disc

Gillian Welch & David Rawlings - My Morphine (request)
Hell Among The Yearlings/Almo Sounds

Tanglefoot - Jack the Green
The Music in the Wood/Self-Released

Tanglefoot - The Farmer's Piano
The Music in the Wood/Self-Released

Richard Thompson - 1952 Vincent Black Lightning (request)
Rumor and Sigh/Capitol

Mike Ireland & Holler - Headed For a Fall
Learning How to Live/SubPop-Sire

The Weepers - Buried in My Chest
Demos

Mike Ireland & Holler - Some Things You Lose
Learning How to Live/SubPop-Sire

The Weepers - Where in the Hell
Demos

Holler - No Vacancy
Straight Outta Boone County/Bloodshot

Mike Ireland & Holler - Graveyard Song
Learning How to Live/SubPop-Sire

Jerry Douglas & Steve Earle - Don't Take Your Guns to Town
Restless on the Farm/Sugar Hill

Guy Clark - Out in the Parking Lot
Keepers/Sugar Hill

The Del McCoury Band - Backslidin' Blues
The Family/Ceili

Mac, Doc & Del - More Pretty Girls Than One
Mac, Doc & Del/Sugar Hill

Ralph Stanley & Gillian Welch - Gold Watch & Chain
Clinch Mountain Country/Rebel

The Stanley Brothers - I'm a Man of Constant Sorrow
The Complete Columbia Stanley Bros./Columbia

The Lonesome River Band - Another By My Side
Finding My Way/Sugar Hill

Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs & the Foggy Mtn. Boys - Foggy Mountain Breakdown
Appalachian Stomp/Rhino

Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs & the Foggy Mtn. Boys - Little Darlin' Pal of Mine
Flatt & Scruggs at Carnegie Hall/Koch

Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs & the Foggy Mtn. Boys - Durham's Reel
Flatt & Scruggs at Carnegie Hall/Koch

Lester Flatt & Earl Scruggs & the Foggy Mtn. Boys - Footprints in the Snow
Flatt & Scruggs at Carnegie Hall/Koch

Hazeldine - Wild & Blue (request)
Orphans/All Swoll

Lead Belly - Red Bird
Sings for Children/Smithsonian Folkways

Devil in a Woodpile - Easy Ridin' Mama
Self-Titled/Bloodshot

The Gourds - Fine Leather Truck
Ghosts of Hallelujah/Munich

Bad Livers - The National Blues
Hogs on the Highway/Sugar Hill

Seconds Flat - Walk Away (request)
Self-Titled/Green Linnet

Steve Earle & the Del McCoury Band - I'm Still in Love with You (request)
The Mountain/E-Squared

The Hot Club of Cowtown - Silver Dew on the Bluegrass Tonight
Swingin' Stampede/Hightone

Robbie Fulks - I Told Her Lies
South Mouth/Bloodshot

Jimmie Dale Gilmore w/the Pine Valley Cosmonauts - Trouble in Mind
The Pine Valley Cosmonauts Salute the Majesty of Bob Wills/Bloodshot

Junior Brown - My Wife Thinks You're Dead
Guit With It/Curb-MCG

Dick Curless - Tombstone Every Mile
The Drag 'Em Off The Interstate.../Razor & Tie

Tom Waits - Hold On
Mule Variations/Epitaph

Tom Waits - Get Behind the Mule
Mule Variations/Epitaph

Tom Waits - House Where Nobody Lives
Mule Variations/Epitaph

Tom Waits - What's He Building
Mule Variations/Epitaph

Tom Waits - Big in Japan
Mule Variations/Epitaph

Tom Waits - Lowside of the Road
Mule Variations/Epitaph

Jimmy Murphy - Shanty Boat Blues
Electricity/Sugar Hill

Andrew Bird's Bowl of Fire - Some of These Days
Thrills/Rykodisc

Doug Neal/Jamie DePolo
[EMAIL PROTECTED][EMAIL PROTECTED]
Progressive Torch and Twang