I've finally gotten around to listening to the Rykodisc reissue
of the first Meat Puppets album - with 18 (!) bonus tracks - and
I'm really digging it but I forgot how brutal it is at times.
For those on the list who find Freakwater unlistenable - I'd be
curious how long you'd listen to this before ripping it out of
the CD player.  Now, I realize that the Meat Puppets wave(d)
their punk flag much higher than Freakwater ever has but I've
always thought of both bands as rock and roll bands with country
tendencies.

Tony - who once upon a time lived on a steady diet of the Germs,
Void, Discharge, Venom, Throbbing Gristle, SPK, James Chance and
the Contortions, Half Japanese, and a boatload of other noise.

Tony Lombardi
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

n.p. - Meat Puppets - Meat Puppets