At 04:51 PM 4/23/99 -0400, you wrote:
>I've finally gotten around to listening to the Rykodisc reissue
>of the first Meat Puppets album - with 18 (!) bonus tracks - and
>I'm really digging it but I forgot how brutal it is at times.
>For those on the list who find Freakwater unlistenable - I'd be
>curious how long you'd listen to this before ripping it out of
>the CD player.  Now, I realize that the Meat Puppets wave(d)
>their punk flag much higher than Freakwater ever has but I've
>always thought of both bands as rock and roll bands with country
>tendencies.

That album is in the collection for completion purposes only. For me, they
hit their stride with Up on The Sun.

Jeff

Miles of Music mail order
http://www.milesofmusic.com
FREE printed Catalog: (818) 883-9975 fax: (818) 992-8302, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Alt-Country, rockabilly, bluegrass, folk, power pop and tons more.