Jon Weisberger writes:

>Caught most of the rerun of tonight's televised portion, and though
>Ray Price was a hard act to follow - dang, he sounded good, and he also
>sounded great on the radio-only second show - Lee Ann was up to the
>job after a slightly shaky start with her Terry Smith-endorsed current
hit; it
>looked to me as though they were having some monitor problems (there
>was flash of the lead guitar player pointing to his ear, which is
usually a
>sign <g>).  She did a *killer* version of "Miles And Miles Of Texas" for
her
>(unscheduled) encore, with lots of great ensemble playing from the band.

     Hear hear.  I caught most of the "pre-game" show on TNN, too,
including most of an interview with Price, who says that his new album
should be out in June.  The interviewer was asking him what he does on
his ranch and I was thinking, "Hell, ask him about his pot bust, too!"
Boy, did he sound great, too (a version of "San Antonio Rose").
     Lee Ann kicked ass, and Stonewall Jackson was mighty fine, too.  If
only WSM would start broadcasting through the internet so I could pick up
the rest of the Opry and Eddie Stubbs.
                                                --Jon Johnson
                                                   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
                                                   Wollaston, Massachusetts