Not Exactly Nashville
WCNI  91.1FM
New London, CT
Saturday 12noon - 3PM (EDT)  webcasting on RealAudio at
elm.conncoll.edu:81/audio/live.ram
Country & Roots playlist - 4/24/99
Mike Trynosky
[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Today's show featured a handful of tunes performed on TNT's broadcast last
Sunday of the recent Johnny Cash tribute at The Hammerstein Theatre in NYC.
Also, a birthday set for West Coast 1960's honky tonker Kay Adams (4/19/41).

Axe To Grind  /  Hellecasters  /  Axe To Grind  /  Rio
Three Words  /  Dead Crickets  /  Two Tons Of Steel  /  Dead Crickets
I'll Try Not To Cry Tonight  /  Elena Skye & The Demolitions String Band  /
 One Dog Town  /  North Hollow
Cornbread Moon  /  Joe Ely  /  Honky Tonk Masquerade  /  MCA
I'll Go Crazy  /  BoxCars (Christine Albert & Chris Gage)  /  Jumpin'
Tracks  /  Flatrock
Crazy Like The Moom  /  Jack Ingram  /  Lonesome Question  /  Crystal Clear

Johnny Cash set:

Big River  /  Karen Abrahams  /  Still Feeling Blue  /  Mozo City
Train Of Love  /  Ray Condo & His Ricochets  /  Swing Brother Swing  /
East Side (Canadian import differs greatly from Joaquin)
Tennessee Flat Top Box  /  Rosanne Cash  /  King's Record Shop  /  Columbia
I Still Miss Someone  /  International Submarine Band (feat. Gram Parsons)
/  Safe At Home  /  Rhino
Long Black Veil  /  Courtney Hudek (w/ Chris Lovesay)  /  Americana: A
Tribute To Johnny Cash  /  Irregular
Delia's Gone  /  Johnny Cash  /  American Recordings  /  American
Don't Take Your Guns To Town  /  Steve Earle & Jerry Douglas  /  Restless
On The Farm  /  Sugar Hill
(Ghost) Riders In The Sky  /  Johnny Cash & Willie Nelson  /  VH1
Storyteller  /  American

.....J. C. ...continues..

Get Rhythm  /  NRBQ  /  NRBQ At Yankee Stadium  /  Mercury
Big River  /  Delbert McClinton  /  Second Helping  /  Capricorn
Jackson  /  Country Dick Montana w/ Caren Abrams  /  Pleasure Barons Live
In Las Vegas  /  HighTone
Country Boy  /  Johnny Cash  /  Unchained  /  American
Folsom Prison Blues  /  Will Ray  /  Invisible Birds  /  Country-Town
Rusty Cage  /  Johnny Cash  /  Unchained  /  American

Pink Cadillac  /  Johnny Todd
Boogie Woogie Country Girl  /  Ray Pennington & His Western Rhythm Boys  /
Great Cincinnati Rockers  /  Collector's Choice
Nine Tenths Of The Tennessee River  /  Cornell Hurd  /  At Large  /  Behemoth
For You My Love  /  Billy Jack Wills & His Western Swing Band  /  Crazy,
Man, Crazy  /  Joaquin
Corina Corina  /  Spade Cooley & The Western Swing Dance Gang  /  Shame On
You  /  Bloodshot - Soundies
Steel Crazy  /  Dave Biller & Jeremy Wakefield w/ Big Sandy (vcl)  /  The
Hot Guitar Of Biller And Wakefield  /  HighTone
Playgirl  /  Big Sandy & His Fly-Rite Boys  /  Radio Favorites  (vinyl -
three 7")  /  HighTone
Feelin' Low  /  Lynette Morgan & Her Tennessee Rhythm Riders  /  Little Red
Wagon  /  Studio 28
Rock & Roll Polka  /  Ranch Girls & Their Ragtime Wranglers  /  Hillbilly
Harmony  /  Goofin'

How Would You Feel  /  Roy Heinrich & The Pickups  /  Smokey Night In A Bar
 /  Stockade
Kiss The Baby Goodnight  /  Charline Arthur  /  Welcome To The Club  /
Bear Family
Somebody's Rose  /  Tex Atchison  /  Stompin' At The Honky Tonk - Roots Of
Rock N' Roll Vol 7  /  President
Hot Time Mama  /  Hank Penny  /  Stompin' Western Swing - Roots Of Rock N'
Roll Vol 2  /  President
You're A Mess  /  Hal Peters & His String Dusters  /  Lonesome Hearted
Blues  /  Goofin'
Ain't Givin' Up  /  Smith's Ranch Boys  /  Barnyard Favorites  /  Ecco
Fonic  (10" LP)
Wine Women & Song  /  Carl Sonny Leyland  /  I'm Wise  /  HighTone
Long Time In The Ground  /  Deke Dickerson  /  Number 1 Hit Record  /
HighTone

Kay Adams set:

Mama Was A Rock (Daddy Was A Rolling Stone)  /  Kay Adams & BR5-49  /  Rig
Rock Deluxe  /  Upstart
Six Days Awaiting  /  Kay Adams  /  Wheels And Tears  /  Tower
No Fool Like An Old Fool  /  Kay Adams & Dick Curless  /  A Devil Like Me
Needs An Angel Like You  /  Tower
I Can't Stop (My Lovin' You)  /  Kay Adams & Dick Curless  /  Tombstone
Every Mile  /  Bear Family
The Reason We're Together  /  Kay Adams  /  Wheels And Tears
Walk The Floor  /  Kay Adams  /  Wheels And Tears
Too Late  /  Kay Adams & Dick Curless  /  A Devil Like Me....

Early In The Morning  /  Vernon Taylor  /  Daddy's Rockin'  /  Run Wild
So Long  /  Todd Wulfmeyer  /  Rock-A-Billy Record Company Compilation
Album Vol 2  /  Rock-A-Billy
Wanna Kiss  /  Marti' Brom  /  Mean  /  Squarebird
Drifting Texas Sand  /  Ray Campi  /  ....With Friends In Texas  /  Flying
Fish
Separate Ways  /  Rosie Flores & Ray Campi  /  A Little Bit Of Heartache  /
 Watermelon
Nyquil Blues  /  Alvin Crow & The Pleasant Valley Boys  /  self titled  /
Long Neck
Steal Away  /  Sandy Rogers  /  Green Moon  /  Rattlesnake

What I Deserve  /  Kelly Willis  /  What I Deserve  /  Ryko
Flowers Of Edinburgh  /  Albert Lee  /  Gagged But Not Bound  /  MCA