I recently started listening to KUT on the web from Austin. I started
with Mark Rubin's "Overnigt" show, though it comes on a bit late. Then I
discovered Tom Pittman (I believe he is with the Austin Lounge Lizards)
hosting live shows on the LiveSet show. This week, Sunday April 25th
from 8-9 CST, he will host Jon Emery. I heard Jon for the first time on
a tape compilation of train songs that someone sent me. With the help of
David Goodman of Modern Twang, I was able to find out more about Jon
Emery. A description follows. The address for KUT on the web is
http://www.utexas.edu/kut/kutradio.ram. A direct link to the LiveSet
show is: http://www.kut.org/liveset/index.html. There is also an
archived show by Austin folk/blues artist Peter Keane, who I have become
a real fan of, both his solo work and with Bill Morrissey. I see that
5/9 is a show with Bruce Robison.

Born in Vermont, December 28, 1946; was in a group in California in the
early 1960s called the VIPs with Leroy Preston who was later in Asleep
at the Wheel. Jon then had a country swing group called the Missouri
Valley Boys that toured the Midwest in the early 1970s; he then moved to
Austin, Texas and the MVB became a Western swing group called Whiskey
Drinkin' Music which morphed into the Jon Emery Band. Played clubs in
Austin the 70s-80s and recorded Hillbilly Rock & Roll for Bear Family in
1985; guests on the record included Jimmy Day, Alvin Crow, and Erik
Hokkanen; did a live album from the Cactus Cafe then another for BF
called If You Don't Buy This, I'll Find Somebody Who Will in 1995.
Latest album = Two Separate Highways in 1997 for Rib House Records.

--
Christopher Adams
[EMAIL PROTECTED]   "Strange Things Happenin' Every Day"

                                     - Sister Rosetta Tharpe